New York, North America
US$85000.00 - US$100000.00 per annum + Benefits
Title: Property/Portfolio Accountant
Compensation: Competitive Base + Benefits
With more than three decades of experience, our client is an established veteran in the real estate industry. Their specialties include Development, Construction, Real Estate Investment, and Asset Management. As their portfolio grows, they are looking to add an experienced Property Accountant to their team.
The Property Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller and other members of the team to assist with all relevant fiscal records and budgets. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional level Accounting work in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports - including journal entries, bank reconciliations, operating expenses for tenant billing, etc.
- Manage all AR/AP and other accounting avenues, as it pertains to all ongoing residential units in new & stabilized assets in the company's portfolio.
- Evaluate, prepare and maintain various financial forms, reports and financial analyses.
- Gather all invoices and submit via company protocols
- Perform annual year-end reconciliation process, including CAM, rent, insurance, utilities, real estate taxes, etc.
- Assist with any other pertinent ad-hoc projects
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
- At least 3+ years' experience as an Accountant within the Real Estate industry - ideally in the Property Management Accounting vertical.
- Relevant Accounting math and computer skills required
- Strong familiarity with Accounting Software, - ideally REALPAGE, and ability to put together new SOP
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with all levels of the organization
- First class references, attention to detail and a can do, proactive mentality that is willing to take initiative to help the company grow more efficiently.