Manhattan, New York
US$80000.00 - US$130000.00 per annum
Title: Purchasing Agent
Compensation: Base Salary measured on experience + benefits
Our client is an established General Contractor in NYC specializing in all aspects of ground-up and interior work in the residential and commercial sector. They have projects throughout the state, and as they are taking on additional work, they are looking to add a knowledgeable Purchasing Agent to further develop the existing department.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the Construction industry, with at least 3 of those years in a Purchasing capacity.
- College Degree in Supply Management, Finance, Construction Management, or related field.
- Strong technical skills in purchasing systems - willing to learn new processes
- Knowledge of the construction industry and materials needed for projects
- Strong communication, organization and negotiation skills
- Location that enables an easy commute to NYC office
- Acquire cost-effective materials necessary for project completion
- Interact with vendors and ensure good rapport
- Maintain construction procurement schedule
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project construction schedule is successful
- Use software to increase efficiency of procurement