New York, United States of America
US$130000.00 - US$160000.00 per annum + Benefits
Senior Asset Manager- Student Housing
New York, NY
c$155,000 Base + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is an internationally recognized Owner/Developer/Operator with in excess of $65B AUM across the world. They have a diverse portfolio consisting primarily of commercial, retail, data center, logistics, and industrial assets, and are actively and continually investing and acquiring additional properties.
Working closely with the Asset Management team to assist with strategy implementation to maximize the value of the Student Housing portfolio. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in preparation of portfolio level analysis and finance projects
- Source and analyze targeted markets to identify trends and optimize investor returns
- Focusing on the asset's financial performance by preparing and managing reports pertaining to leases, rental collections, and other pertinent cash flow factors
- Work in tandem with Asset and Property Managers to ensure the properties are aptly maintained and remain compliant with all relevant regulatory practices
- Analyze and compare lease proposals to budget in order to recommend best in class objectives to Asset/Property Managers
- Overall fund budget monitoring, including writing memos and approvals, variance analysis, etc.
- Ad hoc duties as necessary
Our client has established a close-knit team and wants to ensure this continues. In order to be considered for interview you should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 10+ years of experience in real estate asset management, ideally in the commercial (student housing) vertical
- Strong reporting, analytical and budget management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in close knit, professional team.
- Attention to detail, have a "take initiative" mentality, and can work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Argus
- Knowledge of the New York commercial property market, and a home location that enables easy commute to the NYC office.