Our client is an international civil general contractor that delivers some of the world's most challenging and high-profile infrastructure projects. With thousands of employees delivering heavy civil and critical infrastructure, including highways, bridges, railways, tunnels, and water treatment facilities, the firm also provides construction management and pre-construction services to build and upgrade important cultural, institutional, and commercial spaces.
With offices across the United States, the company won more than $1 billion in new work and was ranked in Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors.
The company is seeking a Senior Estimator who will perform a variety of professional estimating duties related to developing estimates and procuring work for heavy civil construction projects.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates, construction budgets from cost estimates, and handling contract paperwork.
- Investigate specifications, scope of work and drawings for their portion of a bid and understand the requirements.
- Performs takeoffs and calculations and analyzes data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Visit the field to gather relevant data on project site conditions, verify production rates and learn new construction techniques. Adjusts bid methods and incorporates this information accordingly during the bidding process.
- Negotiate the best deal for cost, quality and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the contract documents and the potential risks for a project. Makes well-supported recommendations on how to mitigate and price risks.
- Interface with the contracts department to address any risks or issues.
- Helps develop pricing strategies.
- Coordinates with a cross-functional team to get bids priced and submitted on time.
- Drafts proposals per RFP specifications with detailed pricing and clarifications.
- 7-10 years of structures field experience on large scale transportation projects is required, plus 5 years of experience estimating projects valued at over $50M.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, plan and spec reading. Experience in Primavera, HCSS, On-Screen Takeoff and AGTEK would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
#cobkey #seniorestimator #civilconstruction #chicagoconstruction #civilestimator