Queens, New York
Our client a privately held Real Estate Development & General Construction firm in Queens, NY that specializes in Public Works projects. They are growing and are looking for a Senior Estimator with Government/Public Works experience to join their team and be responsible for the bidding and winning of projects.
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a variety of municipal construction opportunities, by reviewing, interpreting, and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using company estimating software
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owner and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
In order to be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate:
- At Least 7 years experience bidding preferably on Government/Public Works projects.
- Highly proficient in industry specific software, such as On-Screen Takeoff & Excel
- First class references, strong leadership, be able to handle multiple tasks and a team focused proactive mentality.
- Strong organizational, communication and detail-oriented skills.
Competitive base + bonus + benefits