New York, United States of America
US$70000.00 - US$80000.00 per annum
Family-owned property company located in Manhattan is looking to add a staff accountant to the team. Our. Reporting to Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for journal entries, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, accounts receivable, and daily and monthly cash disbursements and receipts.
· Assists management in the budget process. Includes interfacing with management for assumptions, and inputting of budget within the system.
· Reports to management on a quarterly basis of budget versus actual results.
· Own the monthly intercompany allocations through coordination with the Treasury department and record accrual journal entries across three hundred legal entities.
· Ensure timely and accurate monthly close through journal entries and account reconciliations.
· Preparation of adjusted GAAP and tax trial balances including depreciation and equity adjustments
· Analyze budget versus actuals for service entities and determine the key drivers of variances.
· Generate payment schedules and P&L analysis as requested by senior management.
· Entrusted with confidential payroll data and sensitive family-owned asset information.
· Review and approve purchase requisitions and invoices within the Ivalua workflow; working with departments across the organization.
· Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree are preferred
· Public Accounting experience preferred.
· 2-5 years of related experience is required.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
· Experience in Yardi is preferred.
· Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.
The fair market assumption for this role is between $70,000 and $80,000 per annual.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.