Long Island City, New York
US$130000.00 - US$170000.00 per annum
New York's trusted civil construction and general contractor of choice is looking to hire a Project Superintendent to initially oversee a MTA/LIRR station upgrade contract. This is a long term position with initial assignment on this 2.5-3 year design/build project. Most stations are Nassau County, so Long Island resident is preferred but not mandatory.
Scope of work includes site demo, piling, foundations, steel, elevators, escalators, and architectural finishes.
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Attending contractor meetings.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget, and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials, and is responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness, and orderliness.
- Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders, and RFIs.
- Liaising with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
- 5+ years experience as a construction superintendent.
- 10 years' experience with union locals is preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Heavy Civil construction required
- 5+ years' experience gained at a general contractor
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAD applications.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.