Accounts Payable Manager
- GBP400 - GBP500 per day
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, Finance Management
- 13th July 2018
- Job Type
Our client, who is in charge of one of the most exciting projects in Europe, is currently seeking a highly experienced Accounts Payable Manager for a 3-6 month period.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop an effective accounts payable function to promote financial control, to ensure liabilities are authorised and paid on time and that financial records are complete, accurate and up to date and to report management information to manage and control performance and meet other external obligations.
This role will manage a team of 7 AP assistants.
- Ensure all BAU activities are carried out in accordance with policies and service level agreements, inclusive of but not limited to; invoice and employee expenses processing, supplier statement reconciliations, query resolution and weekly/ ad hoc payments
- Assist with cash forecasting, ensuring payments are within forecast and any unforeseen payments are notified to the relevant team(s)
- Maintain a robust control environment whilst ensuring timely and accurate payments to suppliers, contractors, payees and employees are made in accordance with time critical deadlines, Group policies and supplier terms
- Review aged creditors and debit balances on a regular basis to ensure a clean ledger
- Adhere to month end timetable, ensuring all monthly closing tasks are completed as required
- Prepare monthly KPI reporting for management review to show and improve the performance of the AP team
- Manage the preparation and submission of monthly reports on payment activity to meet its transparency obligations
- Continually review processes and procedures, recommending improvements accordingly
- Establish, maintain and publish policies, procedures and timetables relating to AP to ensure the smooth functioning of the invoice processing and payment function
- Act as a champion of the P2P process
- Knowledge of purchase ledger processing and supplier account management
- Knowledge of the end to end P2P process, familiarity with modern financial IT/ERP systems and related processes
- Proven ability to coordinate the delivery of accounts payable activities to deadlines
- Knowledge of accountancy principles related to payments and liabilities
- Experience of developing and maintaining financial controls and procedures
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy under pressure and with excellent attention to detail
- Effective IT skills relating to Excel spreadsheets, taking raw data and creating meaningful reports
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills, with experience of providing advice and guidance to all levels of staff
My client is keen to review suitable CVs as soon as possible so please do apply with an up to date copy of your CV.