- NZD60000.00 - NZD65000.00 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Accounts Assistant
- 15th February 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a specialist insurance firm headquartered on Auckland's lower North Shore. The company is growth-focused, profitable and well-established in the markets they service.
Due to growth in the business, an opportunity is available for an Assistant Accountant to join a busy and supportive finance team. Reporting to the finance manager and working closely with the senior accountant, duties will be varied and include both process-driven BAU tasks as well as exposure to more involved accounting duties. These will include:
- Assistance with the provision of financial and strategic advice on all financial and accounting matters, including support with monthly management reports and board reporting
- Contribute towards the improvement and implementation of financial processes, systems and controls.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of annual business, strategic plans, Budgets and Forecasts.
To be considered for this role, you will be of graduate calibre and at least part-way towards completing a relevant professional qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent) and ideally have at least 1-2 years' experience in a commercial finance role. A background in financial services or insurance would be highly desirable but not essential. You may also have a background in Business Advisory Services or fs audit and be looking to extend your experience into a commercial environment. You will have a technical and commercial mindset and a can-do attitude with the ability to build trusted-advisor relationships with stakeholders across the business.
This position is being handled exclusively by Cobalt Recruitment. For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie on 027 644 7058 or by applying to this posting with an up-to-date CV.