Assistant Head of Accounts
- GBP40000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum + pension, benefits etc
- UK, London
- Accounting, Finance Management
- 13th June 2018
- Job Type
Client Accounts Team Leader
£40k - £50k
The opportunity available is working for a successful leading residential development and property management company.
They are looking for a hands on team leader who has exceptional technical experience preparing the year end service charges and also reporting to a high level. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of client and property accounting service delivery for a designated portfolio of clients, and support the Head of Client Accounting in the general management of the accounting function.
- Leading 6 - 8 client accountants responsible for a portfolio of clients, and direct client accounting responsibility for assigned clients/properties.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate client accounting - including rent, service & insurance charges to tenants, management of rent deposits, transfer of income to clients and client reporting.
- Preparation, completion and review of bank reconciliations, including clearance of reconciling items.
- Review and preparation of year end service charge reconciliation's, including analysis of expenditure, processing journals, accruals and balancing charges, and preparation of tenant certificates.
- Weekly review of service charge year end reconciliation progress for their team.
- Calculation and compilation of completion statements.
- Actively manage team members workloads.
- Provide informal (on the job) training, guidance and support for immediate team members.
- Attendance at meetings with clients, and working with clients to understand their needs, interpret their requirements and respond as appropriate.
- Work with other team leaders and within the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work.
- Support and encourage change within the business.
- Property management system experience.
- Management experience is required.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, or anyone else you know, then please do apply with a copy on your up to date CV.