- GBP22000.00 - GBP27000.00 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 2nd November 2018
- Job Type
Client Accountant, Full Time, Permanent, Birmingham
Cobalt are delighted to be working alongside one of the UK's leading property consultancies, with a new mandate for a Client Accountant in their growing property management accounts division.
In the role of Client Accountant, you will be responsible for your own portfolio and will be expected to maintain relationships across the client base, operating as the initial point of call for client reporting and service charge reconciliation work.
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team.
- Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and BGVA appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Assist PMA Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
- Have a proactive approach to risk management
The ideal candidate must be:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA either part qualified or fully chartered.
- Experience of operating in the property industry.
- Experience of service charge
This is the perfect role for someone looking to join a true market leader with a brilliant client reputation and a vibrant working environment.
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert with your most recent CV.