Client Accounts Team Leader
- GBP41000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum + pension, bonus
- UK, London
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 2nd March 2018
- Job Type
Client Accounts Team Leader
£40k - £50k
The opportunity available is working for a successful leading firm of Charted Surveyors who offer a range of services within the commercial property market. They deliver on practical advice and services to make property work for the owners, tenants and investors both financially and functionally.
They are looking for a hands on team leader who has exceptional technical experience preparing the year end service charges and also reporting to a high level. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of client and property accounting service delivery for a designated portfolio of clients, and support the Head of Client Accounting in the general management of the accounting function.
- Leading 3 - 4 client accountants responsible for all accounting matters on a portfolio of clients, and direct client accounting responsibility for assigned clients/properties.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate client accounting - including rent, service & insurance charges to tenants, management of rent deposits, transfer of income to clients and client reporting.
- Preparation, completion and review of bank reconciliations, including clearance of reconciling items.
- Review and preparation of year end service charge reconciliation's, including analysis of expenditure, processing journals ,accruals and balancing charges, and preparation of tenant certificates.
- Ensuring all service charges are closed within 3 months of year end or within contractually agreed deadlines.
- Weekly review of service charge year end reconciliation progress for their team.
- Calculation and compilation of completion statements.
- Responsible for accurate and complete transition in and transition out of all properties and clients within their team.
- Actively manage team members workloads.
- Provide informal (on the job) training, guidance and support for immediate team members.
- Attendance at meetings with clients, and working with clients to understand their needs, interpret their requirements and respond as appropriate.
- Work with other team leaders and within the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work.
- Actively look to improve processes and increase efficiencies across the accounting function.
- Lead projects to achieve improvements to processes and procedures.
- Support and encourage change within the business.
- Property management system experience.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, or anyone else you know, then please do apply with a copy on your up to date CV.