- GBP28000 - GBP30000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 28th June 2018
- Job Type
Corporate Accountant - Real Estate Management Accounts
Overall Purpose of the role
Cobalt are delighted to be working with a true market leader in commercial property management and we are offering a unique opportunity to join the property management accounts function specifically in the real estate team.
Working alongside expert financial advisers, equity experts and financial modellers your role as a Corporate Accountant will ensure that clients are gaining maximum value from their portfolios, from sourcing private finance for capital projects through to delivering major housing, infrastructure regeneration and mixed-use developments.
The day to day duties
- Consolidation of data requirement towards the monthly management accounts, including accruals generation, prepayments, inter-company adjustments and balance sheet schedules for client entities.
- Liaising with various internal departments to interpret activities that may impact the financial statements and ensure captured in financial reporting Month end analysis of the income and expenditure lines on a trend basis and against budget/forecast.
- Monthly re-forecasting of the income and expenditure lines. Preparation and clearance of bank reconciliations.
- Cash management - cash forecasts, funding requests, remittance and return of cash to client and proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments. Deliver additional ad-hoc reports as required by the client. First point of contact for client's finance team on month end queries and other reporting queries Assisting the Finance Manager and Transaction Supervisor in the management of the day to day transactions processes and team.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders - Surveyors, Accounting team, Rates team, Support Teams and Data Team as well as a number of people from the client
- High level of IT knowledge including advanced knowledge of excel, ability to deal with and manipulate large quantities of data
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Part qualified chartered accountant/QBE in industry
- Experience in a similar accounts department
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact James Griffiths on 0161 457 0105.