Credit Controllers - Apply Now!
- NZD65000.00 - NZD75000.00 per annum + negotiable
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Credit Control
- 22nd August 2018
- Job Type
I am looking for talented, energetic and passionate Credit controller to join this well established, high profile company located in Central Auckland. The role will be instrumental in providing credit support across a complex, multi-site environment dealing with occasionally complex scenarios and customers. You will be looking to oversea a portfolio of clientss with the objective of reducing arrears and maintaining this to a high degree of accuracy. The role will occasionally involve on-site visit to the clients that you are looking after and you will absolutely need to be comfortable meeting your stakeholders in person within the business and building stong relationships. This is a new team and its an excellent opportunity to oversee the implementation of processes, procedure and culture from the start. Full hand-over will be provided.
- Building strong relationships
- Manage a portfolio of overdue debt
- Complete monthly reviews
- Assess credit worthinesss and new account applications
- Assist stakeholders in implementing policies and procedures
- Compile summary reports on key metrics(cash collect, aged debt etc)
- Complete debtor administration
- Collection of new and existing files that are in default.
- Negotiating/Maintaining Payment Arrangements.
- Prepare and issue documentation to appropriate Agents.
- Ensure clear and concise log notes are created on accounts for follow up.
- Ensure that all follow-up tasks are recorded and actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide settlement quotes and account statements to clients upon request.
- Ensure all targets are achieved.
- Completing any other duties or tasks related as directed.
- Previous Credit Control Experience - this is crucial
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Efficient time management and organisation skills.
- Previous experience in credit control.
- A positive attitude and work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate, deal with conflict and make sound decisions.
- Good communication and keyboard skills with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to think outside the square and be able to think fast on your feet.
- Ability to self-manage daily work flows and Tasks.
- Have a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Being able to empathise with debtors without losing the desired goal of clearing arrears.
You will be working with your customers to help them provide solutions instead of demanding payment, so the ability to think outside the square and be flexible are an absolute must for this role. You will of course have excellent communication skills and solid a background in credit control. You will be able to take ownership of the role and is available to start work immediately. A competitive package is on offer. Please do not apply without previous Credit Control experience. If this sounds like you, and are entitled to work in New Zealand, register your interest by hitting the Apply Now button below and send through your CV with a covering letter.
If this role is not specifically what you are looking but you have a similar background please send your resume through to Duncan McKenzie at email@example.com. There are a number of similar roles we are recruiting for and we would be keen to hear from any Credit Controllers in the market who are interested in hearing about good opportunities.