Deputy Head of Shared Services
- GBP45000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, Systems Implementation
- 3rd May 2018
- Job Type
Deputy Head of Shared Service
Property Management Accounts
£50,000 basic with car allowance
Cobalt are actively seeking a Deputy Head to join a leading shared services team in Birmingham city centre. The appointed Deputy Head will be reporting directly to the Head of Shared Services, responsible for managing the Head of Credit Control for the Public Sector team, the Head of Income, the Head of Client Expenditure and the Customer Service Manager.
The role will centre on ensuring all the different teams under your stewardship are consistently maintaining best practice in terms of procedures and practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drive improvement in the Finance Shared Services division to ensure best practice within the department and ensure a continuous improvement culture, including identifying and leading efficiency initiatives.
- Lead and support the managers of these teams to ensure delivery of all services within agreed budgets and targets.
- Ensure standardisation of processes and practices across the business units, understanding and documenting specific business unit exceptions.
- Support all managers to establish improvement to processes and controls; driving the implementation of improvements and delivery of improved quality and efficiencies.
- Support shared services on- boarding and off- boarding processes including liaison with third parties to ensure that they are carried out in the most efficient and accurate way.
- Manage through review and analysis of the weekly Property Management Accounts , meeting team heads and ensuring relevant action is taken.
- Assist with the Property Management Accounts Systems Effectiveness plan including the implementation of new core software, ensuring the support of teams in delivery thereof.
- Ongoing review of all teams processes to ensure continuous evolvement with up to date practices across all areas.
- Deputising for the Director of Shared Services.
What we are looking for in applicants:
- Proven experience in a leadership role in a multidisciplinary environment including line managerial experience.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA,ACCA,ACA) or equivalent.
- Experience of client monies accounting.
- Advanced Excel.
- Understanding of a shared services environment.
To register your interest please contact James Griffiths on 0161 457 011 or firstname.lastname@example.org