Finance Analyst/ FP&A
- UK, London
- Accounting, Finance Management
- 18th September 2018
- Job Type
Working in a multinational construction, property and infrastructure company with a strong reputation based in Central London. Initially a contract for 6 months sitting on the New Business Team to support in winning new work and acquire businesses.
In terms of what the client is looking for, they need someone with who is a strong modeller with a good analytical brain, who has a good awareness or experience of financial/investment appraisals (real estate sector experience would be a real plus).
The role will be working alongside the master-plan, design and technical teams to appraise the financial viability of new development opportunities which will include reviewing, analysing and working with the team to optimise the design so as to maximise value.
The modelling will also require some complex scenario analysis and funding/investment strategies. So my client is looking for someone who can not only manipulate the Excel models but can understand and interpret the results so as to be able to communicate and make recommendations to line manager (FD), the team and wider stakeholders as we make key decisions.
Aspects of the role:
The role requires the interpretation of development characteristics on a new business project in a financial and commercial context. An ability to effectively negotiate and establish the trust in all stakeholders is required of the post holder.
This role performs as the business partner to the New Business lead on a project, advising on and influencing key commercial aspects of the project. The role is a key component of the bid / new business project team(s), and will work with colleagues across disciplines to drive the best possible acceptable financial and commercial outcomes for the business, whilst representing a winning, differentiated proposition to secure new projects.
- Lead on key areas of bids from a finance and commercial perspective, providing significant commercial input to improve development assumptions and project commercial outcomes
- Development and ownership of the financial model for new business projects, achieving best practice financial modelling
- Ensure the financial aspects of the contractual arrangements of the new business project are in line with modelling assumptions
- Key input and responsibility in the preparation of internal approval papers including RIC, GIC and Board
- Advise on and implement where appropriate risk management strategies to support and inform management decision making