Finance Manager - Operations
- GBP350 - GBP450 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Finance Management
- 9th July 2018
- Job Type
Our client is modern, imaginative and right at the forefront of regeneration Real Estate development in the UK. They have numerous innovative projects up and down the UK, creating new and exciting places to live and work. The brand and the company culture go hand in hand to make this one of the best Real Estate developers in the country to work for. They are a listed company, and it's a genuinely fantastic place to be and time to be there.
With the huge amount of projects and developments they are managing at any one time they have a large finance team. This large team is efficient and collaborative whilst making sure roles are both defined and offering exposure across the business.
The overall purpose of this role is to oversee, review and manage the businesses statutory financial statements for about 150 companies (circa 100 active companies and 50 dormant companies) for audit and filing within UK, Jersey, Netherlands and Ireland.
The technical aspects in this role involve significant Statutory Accounting (both IFRS & UK GAAP), including;
- Managing the preparation, review and filing of the statutory accounts for all the subsidiaries under NEW UK GAAP
- Main contact for external auditors regarding subsidiaries statutory audits
- Management of 4/5 staff members
- Manage Contractor engaged in preparing the subsidiary statutory accounts - Annual & Interim Group Reporting (IFRS)
- Group Budget collation for review with commentary Quarterly
- Preparation of 15-month rolling Group cash flow forecast
- Review of Quarterly and Annual National Statistics returns produced by the Group Accountant
- Review Group VAT return produced by Management Accountant
- Update 15-month rolling Group cash flow forecast.
- Review allocated sections of management pack and produce Group Management Pack with commentary
For this role we need significant experience of Statutory accounting and financial reporting within Real Estate or Property Businesses, as well as a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA).