- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Finance Management
- 9th July 2018
- Job Type
Our client is a niche, growth-focused financial services organisation, based out of relaxed and collegiate offices on Auckland's lower North Shore.
Working closely with the CFO, and leading a small finance team, an opportunity is available for an experienced Finance Manager to join the business with a broad and varied remit.
- The role will involve providing financial and strategic advice to the CFO on all financial and technical accounting matters as well as assuming responsibility for monthly management reporting and annual and interim financial statements.
- Additionally, the role will provide support to the CFO with monthly management reports, performance dashboards and board reporting.
- From a technical perspective you will take ownership of the impact from changes in IFRS and other regulations and take a lead in driving process improvements, systems and controls.
- Working with the CFO, you will oversee risk management and regulatory compliance activities across the business.
- You will contribute to the annual business and strategic plans; prepare budgets, forecasts, reforecasts and quarterly performance reporting.
- Drive a positive environment, supervising, training and developing a high-performing team.
To be considered for this role, you will be CA qualified with a strong technical IFRS skill-set and at least 5 years' practical financial accounting experience. You will ideally have extensive experience in the financial services / insurance sector and sound knowledge of the regulatory environment. The role will require an analytical mind-set and the ability to foster productive, commercially orientated, stakeholder relationships across the business.
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Cobalt Recruitment on 027 644 7058, or by applying to this advert with a current CV.