- NZD70000 - NZD80000 per annum + parking, insurance
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Accounting
- 15th November 2018
- Job Type
We are working closely with a fast-growing, successful, logistics-sector company, who are looking to appoint an experienced Financial Accountant to join a dedicated finance team. This is an autonomous role which will add significant value to the business and evolve over time. Due to the nature of the team dynamic, this role may suit someone who is looking for an opportunity to work on a reduced-hours basis at circa 30 hours per week. However, we are also very much interested to speak to interested candidates seeking a full-time position.
Working closely with the Finance Manager, and acting as back-up support when required, this role has been identified as a key resource in helping the company to grow and to increase profitability by improving the quality of the financial reporting and associated financial processes. The focus of the role will be:
· Ensure accurate financial reporting within the systems
· Preparation of monthly and annual financial reports
· Oversee the end of year audit process
· Oversee the annual tax returns, other IRD and ATO requirements
· Balance sheet GL reconciliations, review profit loss and trial balance
· Preparation of Board and month end data
· Maintain insurance policies and compliance
· Assist with preparation of budget, forecasting
To be considered for this role, you will be a suitably experienced financial accountant with a strong all-round understanding of end-to-end accounting processes in a small to medium sized growing business. You'll require a good aptitude for financial systems and working through a system implementation project which is due to commence in early 2019. Key personal traits will include efficiency, initiative, communication skills, taking ownership, attention to detail and proactivity.
For further information and a full job description, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Cobalt Recruitment on 027 644 7058, or by applying with a current CV.