- GBP60000.00 - GBP70000.00 per annum
- UK, North West
- Accounting, Financial Control
- 13th September 2018
- Job Type
Based Manchester City Centre
Competitive salary & benefits package
An internationally successful build to rent developer is looking to make a senior hire into their restructured finance division based in Manchester city centre. Reporting directly into the European CFO, the appointed Financial Controller will lead a regional team with full accountability for the financial blueprint and health of the development division in one of the most heavily "under construction" cities in Europe.
- Lead the local finance team
- Actively business partner for the development team
- Take responsibility for the monthly reporting, income and expenditure, delegating to the team where necessary
- Manager cost control vs budget reporting
- Oversee all payment/purchase approvals
- Manage and develop staff, including taking an active part in the hiring process
- Assistance with the preparation of proposals for third parties
- Oversee draw-down and loan control
- Generate a financial management reporting function focused on trends, risk and opportunities which will be reported to board level
- Create forecasting systems and models
- Support the finance team in the modelling of activity, income and expenditure in relation to complex business case developments and funding proposals, both internal and external
- Challenge assumptions with relevant individuals and be responsible for ensuring that the financial modelling is robust, accurate and in line with overall objectives, assessing risks and identifying risk mitigating actions as required
- Set the divisions annual budget
- Work with other finance departments and corporate services to identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement within the financial processes, leading on the implementation of the changes required
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Liaise with auditors, tax office, valuers, insurers and other relevant external parties, ensuring statutory and tax compliance.
The appointed candidate will ideally have experience of operating as a Financial Controller with experience of having worked for a Development/Main Contracting or Investment business.
You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of the following skills:
- Management and leadership of a finance team
- Creating financial models and reporting structures
- Professionally qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an internationally renowned developer, influencing the strategic direction of the development team.
Please apply online with your most recent CV.