- GBP650 - GBP700 per day
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, CFO/Finance Director
- 8th February 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a major national infrastructure project delivering on one of the country's largest budgets. This is a critical role, leading the financial operations for the next phase of the project, with spend in the 10's of £billions.
Key duties below;
- Lead a high performing team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure that staff have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver objectives
- Producing timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for the Managing Director and their Management Team in order to monitor and control spending within agreed targets, budgets etc.
- Liaising closely with central finance to ensure compliance with corporate finance policies, processes and formats within pre-determined timescales for corporate reporting purposes
- Propose changes to corporate finance policies and procedures where appropriate to support the development and delivery of the project
- Working with the cost, risk and project controls team to support effective, accurate and timely cost management and reporting
- Undertaking strategic and tactical financial analyses and evaluation in order to assist Directors in controlling budgets and adopting alternative financial and procurement strategies and developing processes for controlling spend
- Developing effective project reporting and financial controls for the Phase schemes as they progresses from design to construction, ensuring all expenditure is accurately reported and forecast against specific activities
- Providing assurance that the financial records of the Division are complete, accurate and up to date, wherever they are held, and provide a reliable basis for statutory and management reporting.
The successful candidate will have;
- CCAB qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Demonstrable evidence of effective leadership, team working and guidance
- Knowledge of a range of accounting systems
- Ability to manage complex Excel spreadsheets
- Significant experience of developing effective budget setting and monitoring processes and reports
- Understanding of government financial control and reporting
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interpret and communicate complex financial issues to non-financial colleagues
If you meet the criteria and are open to an interim position based in Birmingham, then please get in touch.