Financial Reporting Specialist
- GBP50000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum + Bonus
- UK, London
- Accounting, Financial Control
- 4th February 2019
- Job Type
Position: Financial Reporting Specialist
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Cobalt are working with a leading UK infrastructure services client that last year had a net benefit on the rail industry of £400 million. The firm has continually reduced the risk to rail employees, passengers and the public at large and due to the nature of the business you should expect a significant discount on your commuting fair.
Because of continued growth and success, they are looking to hire a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for providing all the relevant statutory and regulatory financial requirements, including but not limited to financial, tax and pension requirements for the client. In addition, you will have the opportunity to mentor a junior member of staff, providing you with useful managerial skills.
- Lead the year end audit process,preparing the year-end consolidated financial statements and coordinating the external audit
- Responsible for identifying new or changing accounting standards, understanding the impact of those changes, and for communicating and implementing the new policies and processes.
- Responsible for compliance with HMRC requirements, in particular VAT, through periodic returns and review of VAT case law
- Responsible for delivering a clean balance sheet, througha periodic reconciliation process
- Responsible for budgetingand reporting of all fixed assets; include accounting for capital assets/WIP within the NAV finance system, capital budgeting, and forecasting of depreciation
- Supporting the CFO and Head of Finance in the presentation of regulatory and statutory financial information to senior management and committees.
Qualifications & Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 3 years experience of working in audit or business
- Working knowledge of VAT and corporation tax