- GBP70000 - GBP80000 per annum
- UK, London
- Accounting, Financial Control
- 15th January 2018
- Job Type
Cobalt is recruiting on behalf of the Debt and Special Situations Finance team of one of the world's largest, and most prestigious, real estate investment managers. As a Fund Controller you will be responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting, statutory / fiscal compliance and loan asset management for three debt funds and one special situations fund at various stages of their life cycle.
Additionally this candidate will take ownership of a newly raised £600m debt investment fund that is actively investing, and two further funds which are in the divestment stage of their life cycle.
- Manage the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for the debt funds, including quarterly financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests.
- Oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers.
- Have deep understanding of the loan investment portfolio. Liaise with internal specialists to draft recommendations with respect to borrower requests/ issues.
- Manage the loan asset management of the loans within the fund including preparing interest payment statements, compliance testing, instructing valuations and dealing with borrower requests.
- Serve as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio managers and asset managers.
- Assist with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of fund accounting.
- Qualified Accountant
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage at all levels.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- Fund and/or property accounting knowledge, a bonus