Group Financial Accountant
- UK, North West
- Accounting, Financial Control
- 25th July 2018
- Job Type
Role: Group Financial Accountant
Employment: Full time - contract
Cobalt are searching for a specialist Management Accountant to work with a leading market operator in the UK who has an impressive central European operation.
As Group Financial Accountant, you will be the second in command on an interim project concerned with the completion of some legacy statutory accounts, responsible not only for taking the lead on statutory account generation and supervision of the accounts assistants.
- Preparation and completion of statutory accounts across all years
- Development of group financial reporting, procedures and internal controls
- Providing group consolidated accounts
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Manage and prepare accruals, prepayments and provisions in the company accounts
- Validity of journal transactions
- Maintain control of fixed asset registers for group companies fixed asset inventory, capitalisation, depreciation and revaluation.
- Focal point for liaison all PAYE / NI, VAT AND Tax queries with the HMRC.
- Ensure compliance within the organisation for VAT, Corporation Tax and other HMRC requirements.
- Adoption, implementation, provide advice and monitoring of IFRS principles, policies and standards.
- Production and management of balance sheet reconciliations and controls within Finance to ensure good practice.
- Management of process and system changes on an ongoing basis as required.
- Implementation and adherence to finance reporting timetable.
- Supervision of monthly close for management accounts.
- Supervision of distribution of monthly management information.
- Ad-hoc projects to be determined by manager and will likely include deputising or covering for team members, appraisal and the integration of acquisitions to be determined from time to time.
- Experience of working at a senior accounting level within Financial Accounting
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Ideally worked within a multi-site organisation
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge of VAT and other taxation
- Understanding of IFRS
- Worked in a high intensity financial accounting team as a senior member.
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced interim Financial Accountant to take the lead on a statutory accounts project with a recognised business.
To register your interest please contact James Griffiths on 0161 457 0111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org