Interim Fund Accountant
- GBP300 - GBP350 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Fund Accounting
- 8th July 2019
- Job Type
This is an amazing opportunity to work for an established Real Estate Pan-European business based in central London. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to head up a complex fund. This is an exciting opportunity on an interim contract.
Please see details of the role below:
- Fund Accounting, reporting and valuation
- Proactively manage a team of Fund Accountants and Supervisors to provide fund accounting, fund valuation and financial control services to a portfolio of funds.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly fund valuation and accounting (as required)
- Perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring controls and procedures are followed managing the resolution of complex issues.
- Provide accounting policy advice and work collaboratively to produce technical accounting policy notes (as required).
- Ensure excellent service levels are maintained to all fund stakeholders (internal and external).
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform, processes and system.
- Represent the team, department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner.
- Ensure effective internal controls activities are operating and proactively identify any control gaps or risks
- Keep risk management monitoring systems up to date
- Proactively review, identify and implement efficient process enhancements to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issues.
- Robust management and implementation of projects/initiatives
- Work collaboratively with manager, staff and peers to share best practice, enhance operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Work collaboratively with outsourced service providers to ensure service provision supports business requirements.
- Monitor and oversee the work of third party service providers of accounting information
- Implement department strategy as necessary through staff.
- Ensure team proficiency through pro-active performance management.
- Proactively identify training and development needs of staff which provide a focus for delivery in line with department objectives and Ops strategy
- Qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Real Estate/ Property fund accounting experience
- Supervised/Managed a team previously (2/3 people)