Payroll Officer - Part Time
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Accounting
- 18th January 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a top-tier professional services firm based out of prime offices in central Auckland.
An outstanding opportunity is available for an experienced Payroll Officer to join the business on a part-time (2-days per week) basis.
This is a sole-charge role with responsibility for end to end payroll processing of 300 employees. Duties will include:
· Processing timesheets and other payroll data and updating payroll database with employee changes.
· Processing pay run on a fortnightly basis, and completing all associated tasks.
· Ensuring all IRD obligations are met, including electronic filing each fortnight.
· Running and reconciliation of month end reports and general ledger journals.
· Calculating backdated salaries and processing of firm's annual pay review. Leave reconciliations.
· Preparing and distributing monthly reports to cost centre managers.
· Year End balancing and reports.
· Designing and building reports based on the firm's needs.
· Answering all payroll related questions in a timely manner
To be considered for this role you will ideally have previous payroll experience in a partnered professional services environment, have experience using PayGlobal (although not essential) as well as Current and comprehensive knowledge of New Zealand payroll related legislation.
This may suit someone looking for flexibility in their working life to join the business in a permanent part-time capacity, or you may be looking for additional longer-term contract work to tie in with an existing part-time role.
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Cobalt Recruitment on 027 644 7058, or by applying online with a current CV.