- GBP50000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum
- UK, London
- Accounting, Accounts Assistant
- 25th November 2019
- Job Type
This is a 12 month contract for an organisation within the rail industry based in central London.
The role is responsible for supporting all stakeholders with external contractual commitments. You will identify high value for money savings or income opportunities through:
- Timely and accurate management information;
- Planning, building and maintaining pre-defined stakeholder profiles and reviewing and supporting specifications; and
- Operating Public Sector, UK Procurement Regulations, and EU procurement directives compliant process.
You will work alongside the Commercial Procurement Managers, providing support and assistance and ensuring team and Directorate objectives are met.
The Procurement Manager will provide professional, qualified procurement expertise, advice and services ensuring that the business and procurement needs are met through the procurement of goods, services and works whilst ensuring efficiencies and value for money and contributing to the aims and objectives. The role will also promote and engage in collaboration and information sharing with all relevant parties.
- Responsible for the implementation of procurement best practices across the breadth & depth of the categories by providing market insight, development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management
- Development of documented sourcing strategies in collaboration with Senior Stakeholders
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers to maximise on saving, price, quality and service
- Present contract recommendations to key stakeholders and senior executives when required
- Build relationships with the wider business, including IT, Finance, HR and Legal.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the IT environment, how the organisation sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Develop cost models for input into any bids or sales contract proposals.
- Productively challenge end users' requirements for cost-effectiveness and need, taking account of whole life costs;
- Identify key IT suppliers across and establish appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier's performance against SLA's and KPI's;
- Ensure that all procurement processes (tender, order from framework etc.) are compliant with relevant UK Procurement Regulations and EU procurement directives, advertising through the tender portal where appropriate
- Qualified or working towards MCIPS professional qualification or equivalent.
- Must have detailed knowledge and understanding of Public Sector Procurement, UK Procurement Regulations and EU procurement directives and proven experience in applying these to day-to-day procurement activities and documentation.
- Strong IT Procurement experience and knowledge managing IT services categories
- Experienced in a broad range of sourcing strategies to underpin the IT category
- Previous experience of strategy development and implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence others both internally and externally up to senior level including through presentations, negotiation and written reports.
- Strong time and resource management with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- Solution orientated with a strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of effectively managing end to end procurement's.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and agreeing contract terms.
- Substantial proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities and stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of developing and implementing policy and procedures as well as new ways of thinking and working.