Property Client Accountant
- GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + Study support + Benefits
- UK, London
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 18th July 2018
- Job Type
Senior Client Accountant (Property)
£35k - £45k
My client are a leading property management company who specialise in both commercial and residential properties. They currently manage some of London's most prestigious properties and are constantly winning new business.
They are looking for an experienced Client Accountant to join their expanding team. This role has become available due to the rapid growth of this company's portfolio of pproperties.
- Preparation, submission and transfer of balances of client rent statements, VAT reports and other reports as per agreed deadlines
- Periodic charge raising process ensuring that charges i.e. rent, service charge and insurance are raised as per the lease, and demands are issued in accordance to RICS guidance
- Raising charges for void unit service charge liabilities to clients.
- Updating and calculation of rent reviews, lease extensions and changes of ownership & raising charges as applicable.
- Entering Service charge budgets on the system and ensuring tenants billed accordingly, including cap maintenance
- Preparing and reconciling Service charge year end as per RICS standards
- Preparing quarterly Service charge variance Reports
- Monthly reconciliation of client bank accounts including investigation and correction of unclear items.
- Set up/input of new clients, property, units, lease, period accounts, chart codes
- Liaising in new client take on and ensuring that required information is obtained during handovers
- To establish a good knowledge of your clients/properties/reporting/relationships and other administrative processes relevant to assigned portfolio
- Preparation and submission of funding requests to clients and liaise
- Assisting the manager with various projects, processes and systems implementation
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Strong Excel skills, so as to quickly deal with a large volume of financial information, translating it quickly into meaningful information for use in reports
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, using your organisational skills to deliver quality information to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of RICS, VAT and NRL requirements and procedures
- Excellent communications
- A strong work ethic
- Ambition, drive and lots of self-motivation
If you are interested in this role, please apply online with your CV in Word format.