Senior Management Accountant
- NZD80000 - NZD90000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 27th September 2018
- Job Type
Our client is a global, full-service, media group with a significant presence in New Zealand.
An opportunity is available for an experienced Management Accountant to join the finance team to cover a 12-month period of maternity leave.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working as part of a high-performing and sociable team, this role will assume responsibility for the overall management of the day-to-day financial operations and compliance reporting for a subsidiary division, whilst ensuring full compliance with NZ IFRS and US GAAP. Duties will be varied and include:
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of month and quarter end reporting schedules, variance analysis & power point presentations; review, approve and have hands on involvement to complete the reporting schedules
- Ensure timely submission of monthly and quarterly reporting pack to Group Finance to meet Regional & International Head Office reporting deadlines
- Manage and agree internal and external inter-company balances; submit agreed inter-company balances in HFM.
- Review monthly results; provide update to GFC/FD; complete monthly financial performance reporting pack for leadership team
- Manage, finalise and review the annual budget, rolling monthly and 12 monthly re-forecasting
To be considered for this role, you will ideally be a qualified Accountant (NZICA or similar international body) and have at least 3 years' experience in a similar management accounting position, with full consolidation and group reporting responsibilities. A background in the media sector would be highly desirable, however similar industry experience will certainly be considered.
The role will require a commercial outlook and the ability to build meaningful stakeholder relationships across the business.
This would represent a fantastic opportunity to join a high-profile, blue-chip business for a period of 12-months. Following that, further longer-term opportunities may be available, although not guaranteed.
For further information and for a full job description, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Cobalt recruitment on 027 644 7058, or by applying to this advert with a detailed CV.