Senior Property Accountant - A
- Up to GBP32000.00 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 14th August 2018
- Job Type
Senior Property Accountant/Client Accountant
West Midlands based
Paying up to Â£32,000 plus company benefits.
An opportunity has arisen to join an expanding corporate accounting team in one of the UK's leading property management companies. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for your own high-end portfolio of clients, managing the year-end processes and client reporting from day one.
My client is looking for a qualified or part qualified accountant with a strong property accounting background, specifically in relation to understanding and working of service charge accounts.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure the maintenance of lease details against our client's database in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
- Be responsible for the budget monitoring of your own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with the surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and businessÂ appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team.
- Take responsibility for the accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
- Liaise with utilities team on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account.
- Liaise with credit control/supervisor to enable recovery of all charges.
- Liaise with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Review all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio, ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Be responsibleÂ for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
- Take a proactive approach to risk management.
The desired candidate will possess the following experience:
- Strong accountancy background with an emphasis of working within the property arena
- Strong Excel skills
- ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of acting in a client facing role and must be able to demonstrate experience of executing monthly and year end accounts.
To register your interest in this role please apply online or call James Griffiths on 0161 711 0602