Health & Safety Adviser
- NZD35 - NZD40 per hour + minimum of 47 hours p.w.
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Cobalt Recruitment, Recruitment Consultant
- 9th September 2019
- Job Type
Our client is one of New Zealand's fastest growing developers/builders who are currently working on several large scale, $100m+ projects across Auckland Region. Due to a rapidly growing project pipeline they require a number of Health & Safety advisers to assure that all sites comply with Health & Safety regulations. This company offers work stability, several benefits and discounts across different sectors, fantastic and supportive team culture that they've developed over the years.
This Health & Safety Adviser role will be based at one of their large sites in Auckland and will be responsible for undertaking, monitoring, reviewing and implementing health and safety systems and to ensure safety and compliance of the business, including employees, contractors, visitors and the public on sites. Other opportunities on similar Auckland sites.
- Maintaining the registers of accidents and injuries and providing an analysis of these in monthly reports
- Fostering a positive safety culture through education and collaboration
- Completing risk assessments and supporting site leaders to manage and mitigate risk
- Provide comprehensive introduction processes for new staff and contractors
- Identify emerging risks in the workplace
- Communicate effectively and can influence, persuade and guide others
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience in similar role within construction industry
- Be flexible and adaptable, able to work with different people
- Be a team player and drive others to further success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Fantastic team culture and supportive senior management
- Discounts with more than 60 well-known brands across a variety of sectors
- Annual pay reviews
- Opportunity to apply for assistance with further education
- Access and employee share scheme
If you think you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then Apply Here, or contact Illya Golovchenko at Cobalt Recruitment for a confidential discussion on 027 604 9413.