- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Cobalt Recruitment, Recruitment Consultant
- 23rd October 2019
- Job Type
Our client is a CBD based, family friendly firm offering a unique opportunity to lead the trusts and private client side of the practice. You will work with high net worth clients with millions of dollars worth of assets in trusts. They are looking for an intermediate or senior level lawyer who is reasonably well versed in trusts work, as well as some familiarity with legislative changes in this area. You will work across multiple partners who have some general knowledge of the trusts area and are able to provide support to you in this role. There may also be the opportunity to be involved in other areas of the business such as corporate and property legal matters if this is of interest to you. The firm offers up to date systems and technology, a good work/life balance and a pleasant working environment.
Those looking for part time or flexible working hours will be of interest too, as the role can be shaped to fit your personal situation if required.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 5-6 years + (or more senior) solid experience as a Trusts Lawyer - an understanding of property transactional work or commercial legal work would be looked upon favourably;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build a rapport with clients;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Experience of mentoring junior lawyers. There will be the support of a good Legal Executive in this role.
Perhaps you are currently working in a general practice environment looking for an opportunity to focus on the trusts / private client area and build upon your leadership skills. Similarly, you may be working within a trusts legal role and looking for the opportunity to be involved in some broader property and commercial legal work.
Partnership is a genuine possibility for the right person and that path to it will depend on your level of relevant experience.
For a confidential chat, contact Ashleigh Devall on 09 303 9093 or email your CV and academic transcript to us by clicking on 'APPLY' now.