Associate Director - Quantity Surveyor
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 13th July 2018
- Job Type
A superb opportunity to work for an award winning professional property and building consultancy as an Associate Director. This top consultancy are leaders in their field who specialise in Building Surveying, Project Management, Architecture and Quantity Surveying. This is a unique opportunity to lead a Quantity Surveying team to success.
You will be managing a team of knowledgeable, driven, passionate and diverse individuals. This role will see you having a seat at the table with the Directors of the business working collaboratively on team management, business development and projects work including project generation, remedial works, weather tightness, forensic expert witnessing, insurance claims and building maintenance.
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Support the Project Managers to deliver the project on time and in budget
- Identify and research relevant future opportunities for the company and focus on developing business for the company
- Provide best practice pre and post contract quantity surveying services
- Increase responsibility and seniority and develop career within firm
- Pre-contract quantity surveying including cost planning, value engineering, contract documentation and tender analysis
- Post contact quantity surveying including contract administration, progress valuation, cost negotiation and financial reporting
- Administration including completion of timesheets, reporting current and projected workload/capacity and other tasks in support of a quantity surveying role
The ideal candidate will have:
- Industry related qualification and MRICS or MNZIQS certified would be desired
- Strong leadership and competent in negotiation and client relationship building
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Ability to increase team performance and morale and mentor junior staff Great opportunity to work alongside some of the top clients in the country.
Suitable for either a well-established and reputable Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a step up, or an Associate Director looking for a change and a new project portfolio to run with.
Be rewarded with a competitive salary, great work culture and an opportunity to work with the best in the business! Apply now and make this amazing opportunity yours. All applications will be treated with strict confidence.