- NZD140000.00 - NZD160000.00 per annum + Company car & bonus scheme
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 19th April 2018
- Job Type
obalt Recruitment are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager for a well established and very well known international Concrete Repair and Civil Contractor based in Auckland.
The BDM will work closely with the Business Unit manager in New Zealand to undertake an industry and market analysis and develop target markets in order to vigorously pursue a strong growth trajectory. This role will suit a professional who has had some experience of developing sales infrastructure. The BDM will be willing to work in close collaboration with a small team, while also demonstrating autonomy and confidence in their sales skill-set. They will also be familiar with the challenges of selling into a complex construction and engineering market and will bring with them an industry vocabulary which will give them early credibility with potential clients.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the New Zealand civil engineering and construction industry - ideally with strong business development capability and track record. Prior experience of selling to developers, project-management representatives and consultancies, government departments would be well regarded.
· Engineering qualifications are desired but not essential as long as industry credibility is obvious.
· Arrive well-networked within the industry and equipped with strong sales and relationship building credentials.
· Be motivated, dynamic and energetic - demonstrating the drive and discipline to push through to secure engagement at various levels into potential client environments.
· Be confident and demonstrate positive and professional personal presentation skills.
· Have the commercial analytical ability to understand a client's business in order to find and way in.
· Be proficient and confident with minimum standard technology such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, ppt and project management soft-ware
· Must be able to drive and be mobile across NZ for short periods.
For more information regarding the role please contact Rob Groves at Cobalt Recruitment