- GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum
- UK, North West
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 5th October 2018
- Job Type
MRICS Building Surveyor,
Manchester City Centre
£35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join my client's team in central Manchester. They are seeking a talented individual to work within a dynamic office providing a diverse range of services to their clients. The successful candidate will be offered excellent personal and professional development opportunities and subsequent career progression.
The Building Consultancy team provides services to commercial property occupiers, developers and investors throughout the UK from their offices nationally. The Manchester team requires an experienced commercial Building Surveyor, with a good mix of experience in both professional services and project work.
Key duties will include:
- To provide first-rate building consultancy advice to clients in both the public and private sectors.
- To take direct responsibility for day to day management of a number of important clients of the firm.
- To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, built upon technical expertise and outstanding communication skills.
- To undertake and manage a wide range of challenging instructions including dilapidations, neighbourly matters, due diligence and project work.
- To contribute to the continuing growth and expansion of Building Consultancy within the firm.
The appointed candidate will possess the following experience:
- Ideally MRICS or close to achieving membership.
- Able to show relevant experience across a full range of building surveying duties, gained within a professional surveying practice.
- Experience in dilapidations, commercial building surveys and due diligence, Party Wall matters, Contract Administration/Project Work and Planned Maintenance.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for details, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Proven IT skills, including high-level Microsoft Word and Excel competencies.
- Flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
Please apply online with your most recent CV