Clerk of Works
- UK, Sussex
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 7th January 2019
- Job Type
Clerk of Works
A new opportunity has arose for a Clerk of Works at a respected and established Housing Association. You will be part of a professional property services team monitoring and reporting on major repair contracts, improvement projects and development schemes. You will act as the key point of contact and client representative on site, liaising with consultants and contractors to deliver the projects on time and on budget. There is potentially more than one role and my client will consider interim or permanent candidates for the position.
Up to £25-£35 Per Hour (outside IR35) - Depending on Experience
Up to £35,000 per annum plus benefits
- Ensuring the clients requirements set out in project drawings, prelims, preambles, specifications and schedules of work are understood by the construction team and the desired outcomes are delivered.
- Carrying out regular scheduled and non scheduled site inspections to undertake visual inspections of works that are in progress or works that are at completion stage or at the end of defects liability periods
- Have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for construction and in particular the Construction Design and Management regulations (CDM).
- Maintain and issue weekly detailed reports for all active projects.
- Notify the contract administrator of works not meeting design or specification standards.
- Ensure the contract administrator issues the appropriate notices to ensure adequate remedies are achieved to resolve problems.
- Check that progress is maintained in accordance with contract programme.
- Attend pre contract meetings, progress meetings, snagging inspections, handover meetings and defects liability inspections.
- HNC/HND related to building and construction or substantial relevant experience.
- Membership of relevant professional body i.e. IOCW
- Health and Safety (related to construction), Construction Design and Management Regulations and Asbestos Awareness
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written to produce reports
- This role is an ideal opportunity to work for an established organisation and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next…
If you are interested in the position or wish for further information, please submit your CV in Word format and call 0207 478 2526 and speak with Matthew Mullin.