Client Side - Construction Manager
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 10th March 2020
- Job Type
Join a business that is loved by New Zealand!
We are looking for a Construction Manager to join a leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products. With a number of exciting projects in their pipeline this will provide you with a challenging and rewarding workload. You will be delivering and managing new builds, alterations and refurbishments which will provide their customers with a great experience across stores in New Zealand.
You will focus on the smooth running of projects across the business and your hard work will be rewarded with career progression, company benefits and a great working environment.
Responsibilities include: ·
- Manage project managers and the construction works program of all major projects to budget and within time
- Responsible for project planning, scheduling, administration, quality control, resource allocation, accounting and safety. "End to end" project ownership
- Lead your project team to the end goal in a customer friendly manner, including Cost Managers, Planners, Designers, Engineers, Maintenance, Operators and Main Contractor
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions with consultants and contractors
- Recommend design improvements, cost and time saving improvements
- Liaise with Store Management and minimise project disruption on store operations and customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications in the Building and Construction industry & in delivering multiple capital works projects and developments
- A proven track record in managing diverse capital works projects and associated contractor/consultant/site supervisor/suppliers and store teams
- Team Management experience
- Proven technical, commercial and inter- personal management skills
Apply now to join a well-known leading retailer who are providing New Zealand with
quality projects and services.
This position as well as your application will be treated with strict confidence. For more information, please contact Sam Calvert on (09) 303 9093