- GBP50000 - GBP70000 per annum
- UK, South East
- Construction & Engineering, Commercial Management
- 26th September 2019
- Job Type
Position: Commercial Manager
Location: South East England
Salary and package: £50,000 - £70,000 DOE plus car allowance, pension, private medical cover
A leading Consultancy is seeking to appoint an Commercial Manager to their cost division. This role will find you being responsible for leading across the service delivery and future growth of a specialist commercial service line.
The role of Commercial Manager will be a co-located role between client offices in Peterborough and Reading, providing guidance and support to the client cost management teams based there. The ideal cost consultant will have significant experience in water, flood risk management and civils projects. Practical experience working with NEC 3 & 4 form of contract, pre and post-contract experience essential. Line management and/or mentoring experience will be seen a positive in candidates.
Day-to-day tasks include:
o Provide advice to Cost Manager's in the local hub offices (Reading & Peterborough)
o Support target cost setting, linking up with the Cost and Carbon lead (CCL) already in place
o Work closely with the client procurement team and CCL.
o Provide commercial support developing future packages of work
o Drive efficiency reporting amongst cost management community
o Supporting client-based Project Managers at both locations with commercial processes
o Must co-locate between Peterborough and Reading on a full-time basis (split can be discussed)
To be considered for this role it is anticipated that you will meet the following criteria:
* Excellent Excel, finance and commercial skills
* Familiarity with flood defence, water and other civil engineering projects
* Good project management and personal time management skills
* Good familiarity with NEC 3/4 ECC & PSC contracts
* Professionalism in dealing with stakeholders and assertiveness in representing the client's interest in Value for Money
* Experience of working in a collaborative, non-competitive commercial environment would be highly advantageous
This role will enable you to provide and present key facts and findings, thus enabling your clients to make wider, key and impactful business decisions.
Please contact Joshua Misailidis via email@example.com in confidence for a more detailed discussion surrounding this position.