- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Commercial Management
- 5th August 2019
- Job Type
Due to the pipeline of work and a consistent period of construction growth in NZ, this well known commercial construction client is looking for a motivated and solutions focused Commercial Manager to be an integral part of the Auckland team. This client is a youthful and energetic company who deliver projects up to $100M, with a dynamic team of up and coming construction professionals, as well as highly regarded and experienced senior leaders with plenty of years under their belt!
This role will see you having a visible place in the senior management team, securing and working on all tender submissions and opportunities you identify, while mentoring and encouraging less experienced team. You will be involved in large commercial and residential projects, although having education and/or government NZ contacts would be an advantage to fit seamlessly into this position. This business has a clear focus on accountability, ambition and accuracy both internally, and in the work they do for their clients. This role will see you making a difference to their future development in NZ.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A relevant industry qualification
- 8+ years relevant experience with a commercial contractor, including local NZ experience
- Significant experience working on commercial construction projects ranging up to $80M+
- Ability to cost control and monitor budgets across multiple competing projects at one time
- Previous experience managing a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Articulate and personable stakeholder management
- Great relationships with existing clients which could benefit the business
- Some education and/or public sector experience would be advantageous
- Proactive risk management, with a high level of oversight on contracts and variations
- Able to contribute to future strategic development plans
Your application will be treated with strict confidence. To discuss this role, or a similar discipline in the built environment, please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 09 303 9093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.