Design Manager - Commercial
- GBP40000.00 - GBP50000.00 per annum + Car, Pension, Private Medical
- UK, South West & Wales
- Construction & Engineering, Design Management
- 10th March 2020
- Job Type
Position:Design Manager - Commercial
Salary: up to 50,000 DOE with strong benefits including company car/car allowance, pension, holiday, private medical, etc
Location: South West England / Bristol
As a result of ongoing strategic growth, a major tier one contractor is currently seeking to attract a Design Manager to work on a major project in the Bristol region which is a major office and communal area build project in the region of £10 million in value.
They are looking for an imaginative, highly technical individual to join their business and support in the technical delivery of this project and others in the future. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious and technically challenging projects across the South West and the UK.
The Design Manager is responsible for the management of design on a specific bid or project as well as to manage the design process to comply with the policies and procedures contained within their governance systems.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- To deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered Select and assess design team or if novated undertake appropriate checks
- Appoint the design team, agree on schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverable's and resourcing requirements
- Manage the Design Team, the design development, and design review process
- Manage and monitor the performance of consultants to liaise with Statutory Bodies or Statutory Authorities for compliance sign off
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets the design intent and take appropriate action if not
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to the project team
- Report to Area/Senior DM on progress and performance issues
- Be responsible for developing the design program with consultants and planners for bids or projects.
Please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Misailidis on email@example.com or alternatively call on 020 7478 2576 in confidence for a more comprehensive discussion surrounding what we feel is an excellent opportunity for a Design Manager.