Design & Planning Manager
- NZD155000 - NZD165000 per annum + Bonus & Additional benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Architecture & Design
- 21st February 2019
- Job Type
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a leading residential developer as a Design & Planning Manager based in West Auckland.
This current project portfolio is steadily growing, and you will be working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders managing the design and consent process and maximising greater living spaces.
As you will be coming in at a senior level, being able to demonstrate that front end design management and planning qualities that is needed is imperative.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating the design through to building consent as well as looking at front end urban design for Master planning.
- Working closely with design teams on complex issues, and progress on projects.
- Ensuring design specifications are being met during the construction process.
- Managing the project programme and that all contractors and sub-contractors are working to time-frames set.
- Reporting to the Branch Manager within the firm, giving detailed progress reports.
- Managing and driving an internal team of design coordinators
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate will come from a Architecture background with previous design management experience either in an Architectural practice or consultancy/client side role.
- Residential experience would be an advantage.
- Experience managing projects from detailed design and planning through to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the demands of designers, engineers and contractors on site.
This is a great opportunity to work for a high performing team & business who are making a real difference by providing great quality homes for people in Auckland. It is a fast paced role and is for someone who can work efficiently, accurately and enjoys making a difference in their day to day role.
To apply online please attach a CV or if you require more information on the role call Matt Donnelly on 09 303 9093