Development manager - Contract Management
- GBP45000.00 - GBP65000.00 per annum + plus car allowance and benefits
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Development
- 7th May 2019
- Job Type
I am working with one of the UK's leading housing associations and residential developers to recruit experienced Development & Project Managers to join their existing New Build and Regeneration delivery team where you will be responsible for post planning stages of development schemes.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced construction sector professional seeking to advance their career in an expanding business in an exciting time of growth.
Salary; £65-70k plus car allowance plus bonus
You will be Delivery focused, can identify risks and deliver effective solutions with minimal supervision to ensure delivery on-time in a fast-paced demanding environment.
You will have undertaken work of a similar nature and have attained, or are studying for professional qualifications with the RICS, CIOB, APM or other project management qualifications, and through your continuous professional development can build on these skills to further develop yourself and the achievement of the business objectives.
Essential skills and experience:
- Manage schemes to practical completion and handover.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills gained in a similar environment ideally with a developer, consultancy or leading RSL.
- Demonstrable collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- Knowledge of construction and procurement preferable.
- Good financial and commercial acumen, including associated risk management skills.
- Appoint and manage external third parties and consultants (e.g. architects, cost consultants, employers' agents, planning consultants, and solicitors)
- Act as client during the development process
- Experience with project business plans / appraisal models
- Leadership/management skills
What sets them apart from other house-builders is that their profits are reinvested in affordable homes - as well as delivering the homes people need they care about building stronger communities.
All of their developments are sector leading, bespoke and designed by leading architects.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a commercially driven, expanding organization with a social conscience, working towards their goal of providing high-quality homes to those who need it most. They have exciting plans which you will be heavily involved in the delivery of.
What to do next… If you are interested in the position or wish further information, please submit your CV in Word format or call Matthew Mullin on 0207 478 2526 for further discussion.