- GBP350 - GBP400 per day
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Development
- 12th January 2018
- Job Type
A leading National Housing Association is seeking a Development Manager as part of their restructured New Build Development function. To enable them to continue their drive to become London's largest developer of new homes.
£350 - £400 Per Day
Depending on experience
About the Housing Association:
My client is one of the UK's leading housing associations and one of London's largest residential developers - they mix public and private money to build new homes and provide high-quality homes to meet a range of needs and incomes. They are a progressive, commercial organisation with a customer service focus and are seeking someone who will buy into their core values.
They are involved in some of the largest and most exciting new build and regeneration opportunities in the country. They act as developer, builder and funder as well as being one of the country's top social landlords
About the Opportunity:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience property professional to manage the delivery and internal reporting functions on a portfolio of contracted projects to deliver my clients ambitious business plan
Responsibilities for the role:
- Responsible for project delivery and reporting on a portfolio of contracted projects.
- Update the business and inform important stakeholder of the progress of the units, ensuring they are ready for delivery within set agreed targets and providing vital information if delayed
- Commercially focused, innovative thinker and an experienced problem solver
- Proactive role and use contract skills to manage schemes, acting as Employers Agent or appointing others in the role as appropriate.
- Required to assist with the compilation of tender documents and the administration of build contracts.
- Proactively review current processes and procedures to identity more efficient/commercial ways of working.
Requirements for the position:
- Extensive knowledge of contract law and ability to administer, review and modify build contracts
- Reporting skills are essential as your reports will be used to update the business and inform important stakeholders of the progress of the schemes
- Able to demonstrate strong project management skills gained in a similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of construction and procurement preferably but not essentially developed with the residential sector
- Demonstrable collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills at the highest level
- Able to demonstrate good financial and commercial acumen, including associated risk management skills
- Experience with project business plans / appraisal models
- Proven track record in identifying and exercising control over risk
- Leadership/management skills
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a well renowned and established company and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next…
If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format