Director of Sustainability
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Environmental & Sustainability
- 9th April 2018
- Job Type
A leading NZ and Australian Investment Management business has created a new position for a Director of Sustainability. In keeping with their principle to invest responsibly, the move to establish this role demonstrates their strong commitment to global best practice in Environmental, Social and Governance issues.
The business is guided by a long-term investment horizon that concentrates mainly on major infrastructure asset opportunities in New Zealand and Australia. They will focus on achieving industry-leading sustainability, energy efficiency and decarbonisation metrics across a diversified portfolio of infra assets, with a view to lifting overall infrastructure sector efficiency.
This senior position will lead the implementation of the ESG policy and ESG management process and sustainability approach across all existing assets and prospective investments. The position will also integrate the management of ESG issues in to any investment due diligence and asset management.
Candidates interested in this role should have the following;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 7 years experience in originating, planning and implementing sustainability initiatives on significant assets
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Deep experience working cooperatively with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead complex workstreams on numerous projects
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally as required
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and passionate Sustainability professional to implement, drive and own the ESG approach of a business that is mandated to achieve world best levels of ESG performance on it's investments.
For a confidential discussion please apply with your details attached.