- GBP8.91 - GBP12.56 per hour
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Facilities Management
- 9th July 2018
- Job Type
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a respected and valued London based organisation who are seeking a Facilities Assistant to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected organisation who have developed a leading reputation in the industry through their forward thinking.
£8.91 - £12.56 Per Hour
Depending on Experience
Your role will be to ensure their Estates and Facilities are secure, clean and warm to promote a suitable environment for students, visitors and staff.
- You will be responsible for general maintenance and repairs as well as porter duties within the estate.
- Responsible for being a secure key holder, you will ensure access is available when needed and attend emergency call outs.
- To regularly inspect equipment and carry out maintenance checks throughout the college. To ensure that all heating and ventilation within the estate is working satisfactory.
- Liaise with contractors in respect of repairs, order agreed equipment and to supervise contractors to ensure all repairs are completed to a satisfactory standard.
- To test fire and other alarm systems within their estate as required by the Facilities Manager.
- Experience of working in a facilities environment in a public building.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems in a public building including heating and ventilation systems.
- Knowledge of compliance and health & safety legislations.
- Experienced in building maintenance.
- Experience of managing external contractors.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a well-run and respected company and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next…
If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format