Freelance Quantity Surveyor
- GBP300 - GBP350 per day
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Commercial Management
- 31st October 2018
- Job Type
Position: Quantity Surveyor - Contractor, Water
Rate: £300 - £350 per day (ltd)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Inner London
We are seeking expressions of from freelance Quantity Surveyors with strong experience in the utility sector, particularly in working on clean water projects.
This role will find you mainly responsible for pricing projects that outside an existing framework agreement. You will be working under the NEC form of contract. Projects will be from £5k upwards.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be:
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Cost and Value management
- Recording and assisting with management of change and variation
To be successful in this role, it is anticipated that you:
-Have extensive and demonstrable experience in pricing in clean water schemes under NEC contracts
-Hold a minimum of an HNC qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
-Ideally be Chartered or near completing your MRICS or MInstCES
Cobalt Recruitment London is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.