- NZD75000 - NZD85000 per annum
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 22nd April 2019
- Job Type
A multidisciplinary consultancy, our client is known for its expertise in the geotechnical, civil and structural fields across both national and international projects. Having been around for the better part of 50 years in New Zealand, they have a wealth of knowledge under their belt and are now looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer with ideally 6 - 7 years of experience to join their team and learn from the best in the business.
You will be tasked with a variety of duties in your role from site inspections and detailed designing to report writing getting you exposure to a full 360 degree project cycle. Other duties include (but are not limited to) shallow & deep earthworks reports, slope stability analysis and design of foundations & retaining walls.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Engineering university degree
- Understanding of earthquake engineering practices and seismic assessments
- Knowledge of soil liquefaction issues
- Brilliant communication skills - both verbal and written
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fantastic problem solver who thinks outside the box
- Able to put in the hard yards to meet deadlines
- A go-getter; able to show initiative
- Able to adapt to changing situations and roll with the punches
- Able to coordinate with engineers, architects & project managers
On offer is a highly competitive salary with a well-known name in the industry both national and internationally across a range of commercial and residential projects. Friendly, supportive and a genuinely great folk, you'll have a team that always has your back in every situation. With ongoing training and mentoring provided, you will have the opportunity to consistently grow your knowledge. With their great culture, amazing projects and amazing team, you can rest assured this opportunity is not one to be missed so apply today!
For questions, get in touch with our Engineering Recruitment Consultant, Varshaa Veerakumar, today at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 274 3203.