Head of Development, Infrastructure and Projects - Aviation
- GBP70000.00 - GBP90000.00 per annum + Pension, Health, Bonus,
- UK, Kent
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 2nd September 2018
- Job Type
Head of Development, Infrastructure and Projects - London Biggin Hill Airport
Cobalt are currently working in a retained partnership with London Biggin Hill Airport who are looking to expand their senior management team and hire a Project Manager who will head up the airports development, infrastructure and construction pipeline.
£70,000 - £80,000 + Benefits package + Bonus
London Biggin Hill Airport is a specialist Business Aviation airport, privately owned with almost 20% UK market share for the sector and currently ranked 9th in Europe. Due to its proximity to London, attractive base for aircraft operators, owners and manufacturers; it is experiencing sustainable growth in the required airport facilities. They are therefore looking for a senior level technical Project Manager to take the lead on the airport expansion, refurbishment and maintenance projects. There is a diverse project portfolio with projects ranging up to £40 million to include a new hotel, new hangers, refurbishment of existing buildings and offices through to new navigation aid installations, infrastructure upgrades and fuel farm extension in addition to some of the smaller capex works.
Working closely with the existing airport line managers the Head of Development, Infrastructure & Projects will lead the appraisal, design, planning, consultant and contractor team appointment and successful delivery to time, budget and quality of London Biggin Hill Airport Ltd's development pipeline. There will also be involvement in the funding, steering groups and lots of stakeholder management as part of the airports leadership team. The role would suit an individual who is either looking to make a client side move or who is already in this environment but looking for a mixed and diverse portfolio which they can take ownership of. As the position is based at Biggin Hill Airport it is important that the Project Manager lives within driving distance of Bromley.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying
- Experience negotiating and managing schemes between £1 million and £50 million ideally within an airport environment.
- Experience of current construction methods of buildings, particularly hotel, steel sheds and runways / taxiways / aprons/ roadways would be a distinct advantage.
- A good working knowledge of standard forms of development contracts, consultancy agreements and IT project management systems. Additional CAD ability or understanding advantageous.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and value add to the development process.
- Personal competences; commercially astute, excellent stakeholder management, ability to think outside the box and a good sense of humour.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to join a leadership team who are experts within their respective fields and lead the airports expansion and development programme.
For additional information or to register your interest in this position please send your CV through to email@example.com quoting the reference: JN -082018-62619 or contact me on 02074782500.