Health and Safety Coordinator
- Negotiable + Additional benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Safety/Quality/Controls/Acceptance of Construction Work
- 10th July 2019
- Job Type
This Tier 1 contractor is certainly continuing to make a name for itself with spotlight projects in the Auckland market and immense capability and experience in their teams. Supported by a partner company, one of the largest construction firms in the world, this client will continue to make strong headway in the years to come. They provide professionalism, high quality service, stability for their teams and nationally recognised projects.
This Health and Safety Coordinator role will be situated on one of their large sites in Auckland, responsible for undertaking, monitoring, reviewing and implementing health and safety systems and to ensure the safety and compliance of the business, including employees, contractors, visitors and the public on sites.
- Maintaining the registers of accidents and injuries and providing an analysis of these in monthly reports
- Planning and conducting H&S inductions and training
- Identifying emerging risks in the workplace
- Actively facilitating safety and tool box meetings and supporting and leading a proactive H&S culture
- Risk assessments conducted for each project
- Conducting site audits as well as implementing recommendations
- Managing site compliance with H&S regulations and participate in improvement initiatives
Our ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will strive for excellence in your field of expertise and have the following additional qualifications and attributes:
- Experience in a similar role and environment in the construction industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, use initiative and make sound decisions
- Experience must be from the NZ or Australian market to ensure you are familiar with NZ legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a problem solver
- Confident, proactive and a willingness to drive change
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- A formal H&S qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Work for a highly competent and growing Tier 1 contractor
- Permanent and stable position with progression opportunities
- Work on a large multi-million dollar site with the team to match
- Monthly drinks and social events
- Additional annual leave on offer
- Involvement in supporting charities and industry foundations
If you are ready to step up to the challenge of supporting a busy site, with a high performing leadership team then this would be a great next role for you. This will give you the opportunity to join a vibrant culture, growing team, where your expertise and passion can make a difference.
Please contact Rachel McNickle on 09 303 9093 for a further discussion on your application, or apply now!