Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
- GBP47500.00 - GBP52500.00 per annum
- UK, Buckinghamshire
- Construction & Engineering, Safety/Quality/Controls/Acceptance of Construction Work
- 27th June 2019
- Job Type
We are currently recruiting for our leading and progressive RSL client for a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to be responsible for the delivery of their compliance responsibilities under with statutory legislation in relation to asbestos management, fire safety, water risk (Legionella), hygiene units and lifts.
You will have strong technical knowledge about construction and construction related health and safety, housing management and negotiating skills to deliver best value services. Being an expert in at least one compliance area.
Salary £50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Lead on the main safety and compliance-related areas including fire safety management, asbestos management, legionella, water treatment testing.
- Develop our strategy, policy and procedures on the specialisms.
- Manage programmes of safety and compliance works, understand contract management, contracts and financial project planning and forecasting.
- Maintaining robust records to provide a clear and transparent account of performance.
- Assist in the procurement of work, following official procurement processes that ensure best value.
- Producing feasibility studies, option appraisals and project briefs in the development and planning of projects.
- Designing and preparing specifications for tenders, formulating budget estimates and scheme costs.
- Preparing formal contract documentation.
- Reconciling and settling final accounts and valuations.
Experience and qualifications
- Have managed compliance in more than one of asbestos, fire safety, legionella related projects and compliance standards, within the Housing sector.
- Expert knowledge of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, Asbestos Management HSG 264, P405, P402, ACOP L8 and LOLER and a good understanding of M&E industry regulation.
- Qualified, at least to HNC level or equivalent.
- NEBOSH or IOSH fire safety management qualified either a National certificate or National Diploma (Desirable)
- Qualified to undertake fire risk assessments under IFSM or equivalent (Desirable).
If you are already working for a social housing provider and have been responsible for the compliance, health and safety for residential portfolios this role would be a strong fit for you.
Please apply with your most recent CV. To discuss this and other similar roles across the South East and London, please contact Matthew Mullin on 0207 478 2526.